Friday, October 14, 2011

Fruits of the Spirit

Fruits of the Spirit
We have been learning about the fruits of the spirit and let me just say we are all learning.
We are memorizing Galatians 5:22-23.
We have a little tune to sing it to and I hear them singing portions of it often. 

One day a Little Missy was singing and this is how she ended her song, "kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and out of control." 
I had the best laugh.

We read this book.
It takes a lot of discussion to understand the difference between actual fruits and fruits of the spirit. 
It's abstract.
I actually think they are getting it.

While teaching it, it has challenged me too.
Really you could center your entire class around the Fruits of the Spirit.
Who needs rules when you have LOVE - JOY - PEACE - PATIENCE - GOODNESS - KINDNESS - FAITHFULNESS - GENTLENESS - and SELF CONTROL??

In everything we do we are pointing out what "fruit" we are using.

Our Fruit Stand opened this week too.
It's a hit.

They found our "Open" sign to set up.
I love it when kids think of things that I didn't.
We got the scale out.
Lots of imagination going on.
Signs are made.
I've paid as much as $146 dollars for a couple pumpkins and apples.
Robbers have come.
I have heard them ask for "credit cards, anniversary cards (not sure how you pay for things with that), check books" and some things are just free.


 I know pumpkins aren't fruit but we have them, so we are playing with them. 
We talked about what a fruit stand is and decided that if we had a fruit stand and we also had some pumpkins we'd sell them there too.




We'll be adding to our fruit stand through November.
It might turn into more of a Farmer's Market - fruits and vegetables.

(Thanks to my Mister for making our fruit stand.)


No comments:

Post a Comment